Tuesday, November 5, 2013

"Aly's Idea Book"


So, I was in my room, having nothing to do, scanning thru all my stuff.. and I found this notebook. "The Idea Book" of a 15-17 year old college girl, a frustrated novelist/composer/artist. It's really all randomness. Ever since, I had this cluttered mind and I brainfart a lot. Sooo, I decided to put it somewhere. A compilation of all my brainfarts. Lots of doodles, random thoughts scribbled, (most of it doesn't really make sense. Honestly) some unfinished proses and poems, composed songs and all.

For the next few entries, you’ll read all about the “diary” entry of a teenager and snide commentaries of her 21 year old self who cringes as she flips thru the pages thinking “WTF, old me? Why are you so emo?”



Entry #1

"Never stand when you can sit, never walk when you can ride, never push when you can pull--for when you slump, the world slumps with you. But when you push, you push alone. That's the idea of Peter Principle. I ask you this: How would you fight a losing battle with life? Would you retreat? Surrender? or stand in your ground no matter what it takes? I tell you this: The world is an enormous battlefield. A gigantic chessboard where we are the chess masters as time as our chess pieces and life as our opponent. A wrong move is a time waster. And in chess, rule of thumb: Never trust your instincts, for they cannot help you. All must be from the head if you really aim to win. Never be afraid to lose the castle if you can save the king. Like in life, don't be afraid--"[sic.]

Wow. Okay, brain. That’s just so... glum. Whatever happened to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, the leprechauns, and the unicorns? Okay. Scratch that. It seems like my brain has been on reverse mode.
Take two.

Right. Life is like a ginormous board game. But it's more like Snake and Ladders than Chess (gosh. I wish I could say it's more like Jumanji, cause that would sound so freaking awesome. But then again... no. Not really) –or probably more like Monopoly? But since I have no idea how that game is played, I'm not the one to comment about that—all of us are the chips playing and we wait for our turn to roll the dice. Some of us reach the end faster, via ladders or by getting the higher numbers. Sometimes, the odds won't be in your favor and your chip would land at the head of the snake and would slide down the tail. Back to square one all over again. Then you'll see the other chips overtaking you and you'll be like "what the hell? No! that's not fair!" of course it sucks, but are you just going to stop playing? Of-freaking-course not, you wait for your turn to roll the dice again and you continue playing. Yah. You stumbled, lose a turn, been held back, but sometimes the tail of the snake is nearer to a longer ladder. Life is full of surprises. Things don't always happen according to plan. You can't go moping around because of that. You adjust.

Every so often, we stress a lot with what we're supposed to do, where we're supposed to be, that we forget that in the end it's all just a game. You win, you lose. That's life. And you lose more when you reach the end realizing you haven't enjoyed a single moment of it. Life is all but a series of natural and spontaneous changes. You resist them, you further complicate your life. Sometimes, we have to "let the chips fall where they may", allow events to unfold naturally; accept what occurs without prejudice, worry, or regret.


Entry #2

"PURPLE LINE"
(Chords: D-F#m-Bm-G)

[Verse 1]
Hello, I meet you again in the end tail of this subway station
I see you making your way outta the crowd, with your face drawn with frustration

[Refrain]
(Coz) Your eyes don't glow, and your lips won't show a smile
Your hands aren't free, and your thoughts had gone a thousand miles..

[CHORUS]
And you aren't free from hiding
All of the worried lines in your face
It all keeps adding up
I can feel that you are tired of searching,
Scanning through empty spaces inside your heart..
Till we meet in the purple line.. (someday, again)
Wish we'll meet in the purple line
I hope to see you there..

[Verse 2]
And now you're trying so hard, to make me feel like I'm a worthless nothing,
But it's not what I see in your eyes,
It's something different but I can't decode it

[Repeat Refrain]
[Repeat CHORUS]
---

Back Story:

It's about a girl, and that someone. "The one who got away". They first met in the "Purple Line" (LRT Line 2. haha. gahd.), shared good memories there and they parted ways there as well. Once in a while, the girl would see him with his new girl and he would see her, too. They would smile weakly at each other, and look away...


Wow. Yah. Based on true story. Okay. Whatever.

2 comments:

  1. Nice one Aly! Clap clap clap. Pak Pak Pak.. Kring Kring Kring-- hey i think my phone is ringing. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, nurse gia. yah. you better answer that ringing phone.. or put it on silent mode. lol

    ReplyDelete